A lot of water was running down the river since my last post on project mosquito. Since 2 days the baby is flying and fullfils all my expectations. A reason why it takes that long is that I have to redesign everything after the 2. prototype broke in the middle at a hard crash on concrete. Now there are no holes in the sideplates anymore which results that all circuit boards are sitting inside a protected cabin. Even more: Mosquito gots tilted arms sponsored and weights less than 250gr (exactly 246,3gr with battery)
Flight times are around 6 minutes, depends on how you fly the beast.
I took some time this weekend to optimize the frame. The frame has now a dyadic setup which means the sideplates can be separated in two parts which makes maintenance on the electronics much more easier. This dyadic setup seperates the lower part which we right now call the rail and the frame housing. So it is possible to pull the main housing and then you access the drivetrain and all electronics. Weight 171,7gr without the battery. I have two 800mAh 3s sources here weighting in at 82gr (with long cables and xt60 connectors). So I will short the really long wires and change it to a xt30. This will bring the setup below the magic mark of 250gr.
Stay tuned for upcoming results within this week.
Today I did the first maiden flight and wow… It flies like a charm even without big adjustments to the betaflight yet. I’m quite sure there is not much which can brake except the propellers.
It´s not 100% final so don´t blame me for the battery cable. I´m still at looking for the perfect position for it.
- max. dimensions: 132*129*53mm
- motor diagonal distance 135mm
- weight ~180gr at the moment (but there are still options to decrease)
- 3″ props
- full capable of 36mm (30,5mm holes) boards
- full 1080p recording thanks to carry a runcam split
- carbon fibre lightweight desing
- vertical arms to get best efficiency
- voltage- and currentmeter
- super sturdy and crashresistant design
- below 250gr (german marking rule)