I took some time this weekend to optimize the frame. The frame has now a dyadic setup which means the sideplates can be separated in two parts which makes maintenance on the electronics much more easier. This dyadic setup seperates the lower part which we right now call the rail and the frame housing. So it is possible to pull the main housing and then you access the drivetrain and all electronics. Weight 171,7gr without the battery. I have two 800mAh 3s sources here weighting in at 82gr (with long cables and xt60 connectors). So I will short the really long wires and change it to a xt30. This will bring the setup below the magic mark of 250gr.
Stay tuned for upcoming results within this week.
Today I did the first maiden flight and wow… It flies like a charm even without big adjustments to the betaflight yet. I’m quite sure there is not much which can brake except the propellers.
It´s not 100% final so don´t blame me for the battery cable. I´m still at looking for the perfect position for it.
- max. dimensions: 132*129*53mm
- motor diagonal distance 135mm
- weight ~180gr at the moment (but there are still options to decrease)
- 3″ props
- full capable of 36mm (30,5mm holes) boards
- full 1080p recording thanks to carry a runcam split
- carbon fibre lightweight desing
- vertical arms to get best efficiency
- voltage- and currentmeter
- super sturdy and crashresistant design
- below 250gr (german marking rule)
It’s long time ago that I posted news about my latest quad project. Here it is – the brand new prototype of my moskito – a 3″ quad with full 1080p recording capability and racing formfactor. This beast is compliant with the german „below-250gr“ rule. So take your googles and punch this 135mm frame into the air and have fun with your recorded hd video footage later.
This babe will be one of the most efficient quads in this size due to it’s unique and futuristic design. Stay tuned…
It seems like there was a new firmware and app version deployed.
I have to test if the issues are gone now completely but it seems that the artifacts issue in photos and videos is now gone and back at the quality level before the 1.6.3 version and without the other bugs. I will have some tests these days and report here.
UPDATE: ok the quality issues really seem like to be history BUT…
… right now you have to deal with constant WIFI disconnects. It´s like a nightmare what´s happening to this perfect hardware on software side. with every software update one issue is gone but a new is popping up.